Contact the Utah SAR award chairman, Dr. Paul Child, at 557 W 4800 S, Ogden, UT 84405. His phone numbers are 801-392-5384 (Hm) and 801-589-5612 (Cel). His email address is email@example.com.*-
EAGLE SCOUT OF THE YEAR SCHOLARSHIP – Sponsored annually by the American Legion. This Contest is open to any Eagle Scout who meets the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a registered active member of a duly chartered Boy Scout Troop or Varsity Scout Team and the Son or Grandson of a Legionnaire or Auxiliary member.
- Have received the Eagle Scout Award.
- Be an active member of his religious institution and must have received the appropriate Religious Emblem.
- Have demonstrated practical citizenship in Church, School, Scouting and Community.
- Have reached his 15th birthday and be enrolled in high school at the time of selection.
Any eligible and interested Eagle Scout desiring to enter this contest should contact Commander Randy D. Edwards at 801-224-7477 and a Nomination Form will be furnished to the boy. A Selection Committee will screen and offer suggestions for strengthening the nominations as appropriate and Sponsor the Scout.
Completed Nomination Forms must be received at The American Legion, Dean Mendenhall, Provo Post #13 on or before February 15th, 2016. Forms can be mailed or hand delivered To Commander Edwards at: 1029 East 500 North, Orem, Utah 84097.